1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Got approved to buy a house. Traveled to New York. Traveled to Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Turned 30.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, I didn't lose any weight. And I can't remember if I made any other resolutions...? This year, I would really love to buy a place of our own, and move out of the canyon.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two friends had baby girls this year! And another is pregnant...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Crossing my fingers that I have the same answer again next year!
5. What countries did you visit?
England, and the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A new place to live. A better work/life balance.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 16 is the only one that really stands out - I turned 30! I have a feeling my 30s are going to be much different than my 20s were!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was promoted to Director. That was a big deal for me!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I suppose not finding a house. We should have moved faster when we first started looking, because now prices are going up and there's next to no inventory.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I hurt my foot! I have "plantar fasciitis" and it's been the injury that won't quit. My feet hurts every day. :-(
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I really don't know. Sean was a rock star at Christmas this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not to get TOO political, but I was pretty disappointed with the Republicans in this year's election. Especially the tea partiers who are outspoken against equal marriage rights and a woman's right to choose.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel. Or savings. Or to my credit card, because I was pretty irresponsible in my spending in the second half of the year!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Potentially buying a house. Turning 30. My 10th annual holiday party. Getting promoted. I was really excited a lot last year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
"Ho Hey" by the Lumineers. I actually discovered it in 2011, but it was ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. in 2012!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. 30 is going to be good for me.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. Boo.
c) richer or poorer? Richer? I mean, I have less money in my savings account, but I make more and got to do a ton of cool stuff in 2012!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Rest. Go to the gym. Work from home.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Drive. After 8 years of driving 30+ miles each way to work, I'm really getting tired of it.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my mom. Christmas Day with my dad. And it was the very first year of my life that I didn't spend Christmas Eve night at my dad's house... instead we drove there early on Christmas morning.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Not really? I'm already in love!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I like so much TV it's impossible to pick just one show!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I'm trying really hard to not waste time with hating people.
24. What was the best book you read?
It was a nerdy work related one - The War For Late Night: When Leno Went Early And Television Went Crazy.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Turnpike Troubadours! They're so good. I had been slowly slip sliding into liking country music, and I think buying their album sealed the deal.
26. What did you want and get?
An owl cookie jar. Books. Amazing trips.
27. What did you want and not get?
A house. And, if I'm being super honest, an engagement ring.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Avengers! I really loved it, which suprised me a little!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
What didn't I do??? My family had a huge party for my 30th, my aunt's 60th, and my brother's 18th birthdays. I did a perfectly sized friends' dinner in Santa Barbara at my favorite restaurant. I had a great dinner with my mom, and Sean and I went to London in October as a belated birthday trip!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting engaged. It would have really capped off an amazing year. And I really do think it's time.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I got a little lazy. And for the last three months of the year, I was basically wearing sneakers all the time because of my stupid foot. But I am going to work on all that in 2013.
32. What kept you sane?
Sleep. Music. My puppy dog and my awesome dude, and my friends who let me vent and make me laugh.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Obama, again. So happy he was re-elected as our president!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Equal marriage rights. I think it's crazy that so many people are so backwards on the issue, and I'm cautiously optimistic that 2013 and on will bring the kind of big change we need.
35. Who did you miss?
Sinead and Ryan. Clara. I got to see Sinead and Clara this year in London, and it only made me miss them more.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't even know if I met any new people last year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Things will happen when they're supposed to. I already knew this, but 2012 was a year to definitely test that lesson.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You took the time to memorize me: my fears, my hopes, and dreams, I just like hangin' out with you, all the time... All those times that you didn't leave; It's been occurring to me I'd like to hang out with you, for my whole life. Stay. And I'll be loving you for quite some time. No one else is going to love me when I get mad, mad mad. So I think that it's best if we both stay, stay, stay, stay, stay, stay..." "Stay Stay Stay" by Taylor Swift (I know, I know. But I really love this song!)